Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Tree Lighting






















On December 5th 2010 Santa and I lit the Christmas Tree in the downtown area of Methuen, MA, my home town. Before the event there was hot chocolate and cookies that were handed out to all who attended. Carollers from Methuen's Center for Performing Arts entertained us with Christmas songs and we all danced around to keep warm. Once Santa arrived on the fire truck we lit the tree with Mayor Manzi and handed out candy canes to the children. Even though it was cold everyone seemed to really enjoy the festivities, especially yours truely. Santa himself did tell me that it was not as cold as the North Pole. And even though I had never been there I had to agree, for surely Santa would not lie about this. A special congratulations needs to go out to Jill Stacklin who organized the event, she did a fabulous job.

No comments:

Post a Comment