Monday, July 5, 2010

My Fourth of July Celebrations




Methuen's Fireworks Display


Celebrating with my sisters Teresa and Kathy








My brother Tom and I





Maureen and I at the Chelmsford County Fair selling our Rubber Duckies


I have had the most eventful fourth of July. My festivities started at the Methuen fireworks display, on July 2nd. I greeted our residents and handout balloons to the children with our district state rep Linda Dean Cambell. Then I watched the fireworks with my husband and listened to the band they had playing. It was by far one of the best fireworks displays Methuen has ever put on.

Then on the fourth I went to my sister Teresa's Fourth of July party at her house in Hopkington, MA. It was great to see the rest of my family and spend some much needed time with them. Some of my brothers and sisters I haven't seen since winning my title and it was great to be able to show off my crown and banner, which was a huge hit with the kids.

Finally on the fifth I attended Chelmsford's County Fair and helped my friend Maureen to raise money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer which she is participating in down in North Carolina. We had a rubber ducky adoption along with several raffles set up which were mostly donations from local restaurants. My friend Jane Marshall, Mrs Massachusetts International, rode in their parade atop a 2011 Ford Mustang. Also in attendance was Senator Scott Brown.
Now in this 100 degree weather, as my temperature gage is reading, I am relaxing in my pool with my husband and step son trying to keep cool.
Happy Independence Day America! I am proud to be a citizen of a free and Independent Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment