Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lesson on Oral Health with Methuen, MA Daisy Troop


On February 7th I spoke with the Daisy Troop of Methuen, MA at the Nevin Memorial Library about how they can take care of their teeth. We discussed many topics including why our teeth are important (we need them for chewing, talking, smiling, and to save the space for our adult teeth). We also reviewed healthy snack vs unhealthy snacks and when and how we should brush our teeth. I then read a story about Lemony Lion, who couldn't be king of the jungle anymore because he lost all his teeth. The session ended with a question and answer time. I was delighted to have the girls show me their loose teeth, and tell me all about how they brush. They also had lots of questions about being Mrs. Massachusetts and how to become a dentist. I had a wonderful time and look forward to more events like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment