Sunday, July 12, 2015

River Cruise aboard River Beatrice, Day 1 Arrival

     After a long day of travel that started on Saturday night my travel companions (Mother, James, and James Jr.) and I finally arrived in Passau, Germany.  The flights went without a hitch and with the help of mother we passed through the long lines with ease as she just kept going in the first class lines and then feigning senitlity.  It was great!  The only minor annoyance we encountered was our flight from London to Munich.  James and I had two very ill behaved children sitting behind us.  Going on just two hours of airline sleep and one hour of back massage thanks to the person behind me kicking my seat I finally got up and sat in the empty row next to me.  

     We had a light lunch on board the ship, unpacked, took a nap on the top sundeck, went to our saftey seminar, then dinner.  After dinner James and I took a walk around Passau.  James Jr. and Mother decided to stay in and rest.  We've got a very busy day tomorrow!


                                                        The boys getting ready for their nap

                                                   Enjoying a glass of wine on the Sundeck


                                      Don't worry I found the lifejackets


                                               The view from our room
       Heading out for our night walk around Passau


                                         The fortress lit up at night


                                           Just the top of St. Stephen's visible at night


                                                  Heading back onto the ship for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment